Send commands to your devices using the mobile interface
Now is possible to send commands to your devices (using Template Commands) from the mobile interface. See in this article how you can achieve this.
Real life usage
Here there are some examples where this feature can be useful:
- You can find out if your car is stolen
- You can locate the car in the mobile GUI
- You can immobilize the vehicle (so it cannot be started by the unauthorized user)
- You can tell the police where your stolen vehicle is
- You want to modify some parameters of your devices “on the go” without having to log in to the desktop Vehicle Tracker application
- You want to start a device from the mobile GUI quickly
- Create the Commands Templates
- Enable the Privileges
- Execute your commands
Create the Commands Templates
The commands in the mobile interface will be available only if you previously have set up your commands within the Site Admin -> Devices -> Commands.
To learn how to set up your commands, follow this guide.
Enable the Privileges
In your application properties, enable the following privileges:
Commands -> _ExecuteCommandAll
If you want to select specific commands for certain users, you must follow this guide.
Execute your commands
Once logged into the mobile interface with the corresping user, all you have to do is click on the icon on the right of the screen and select the device you want to send the command to.
Then, you’ll see the following at the bottom the Commands panel:
If you did not send a command yet, you’ll be able to see all the available commands for that device.
You will get a prompt status of the command sent.
By clicking on you will get a list with the latest commands sent and their final status. You also have a search bar if you want to filter for specific commands in the history.