Send commands to your devices using the mobile interface
Now is possible to send commands to your devices (using Template Commands) from the mobile interface. See in this article how you can achieve this.
Real life usage
Here there are some examples where this feature can be useful:
- You find out if your car is stolen.
- You can look in the mobile GUI where it is.
- You can immobilize the vehicle so that it can not be started when the robber wants to use it next time.
- You can tell the police where your stolen vehicle is.
- You may want to modify some parameters of your devices “on the go” without having to login to the Vehicle Tracker for Desktop.
- You may want to start a device from the mobile GUI quickly.
- Create the Commands Templates
- Enable the Privileges
- Execute your commands
Create the Commands Templates
The commands in the mobile interface will be available only if you previously have set up your commands within the Site Admin -> Devices -> Commands.
How to setup your commands follow this guide.
Enable the Privileges
In your application properties enable the following Privileges:
Commands -> _ExecuteCommandAll
If you want to select specific commands for certain users you must follow this guide.
Execute your commands
Once logged into the mobile interface with the correspondent user all you have to do is click in the icon in the right of the screen and select the Device you want to send the command to
Just immediately you’ll see at the bottom the Commands panel
If you did not send any command yet, you’ll be able to see all the available commands for that device
You will get a prompt status of the command sent
By clicking in you will get a list with the latest commands sent and their final status. You have as well a search bar if you want to filter for specific commands in the history.