Chat over SMS in GpsGate Server
Using Chat plugin, it is possible to establish bidirectional communication Operator-User via SMS.
This guide describes how to set this scenario up.
1. Copy the Driver user type.
2. Name it ChatSMS
3. Assign the user the role _Unit.
Note: this role makes this user count as a device. It will affect the licensing in your server.
4. Optional: you might want to create a Tag where you will include this users in. It could be useful later on to identify which users are using this feature.
1. Create a new user using the User Type created above.
2. Make sure the user includes the new phone number.
3. When the user is created, right-click on the user you want to send the message to, and select Chat
2. Select + Message to create a new SMS to the user.
3. Click on Send.
The driver will receive a regular SMS notification on his mobile phone.
Note: This solution consists of sending SMS messages from your GpsGate Server platform and the driver’s mobile device. Take into account the possible associated SMS costs before using this solution.