How to move or copy users and devices between applications
This guide will show you how to move or copy a user or device from one application to another.
Adding the user to the new application
1. Login to SiteAdmin
2. Click on the application you want to move the user to.
3. Click on Add Administrator button.
4. Select Add existing radio button
5. Write a username and click Search
6. Select username in drop down, and click Add
7. Repeat from step 5 for all users you want to add.
8. Note! Scroll down do end of page and click Save.
Unless you click Save the users are not added.
You are now back at the list of applications. You should now login to the application you move the users to, and set the wanted Role (the user will not be directly visible in the list of users because it has not yet a Role associated to it).
9. Click on the login icon in the left column, select an administrator user to login.
10. Now in Vehicle Tracker search for your user.
11. In the Vehicle list, right-click on the user and select Edit User
12. Click on the Roles tab in the Edit User window.
13. Select the Roles you want the user to be in.
14. Select a Tag for this user too.
15. Click Save.
16. Repeat from step 10 for each user you added.
Removing the user from the original application
GpsGate supports sharing users in multiple applications. If you skip the steps below, the user will be member of two applications. This can be useful when creating an "overview" application.
17. Login to the original application in which this user was first.
18. Select the user you want to delete and use the Edit User option.
19. At the bottom of the user properties, select Delete.
If you see the error message "Shared user can only be changed by himself/herself"
Login as this user to make the changes using the impersonated feature from SiteAdmin
Note! The device type and device mapper can only be edited in the original application for each user.