How to set up Telefonica Geolocation Provider
If Telefonica is your SIM provider and no valid tracking positions are sent from devices, GpsGate can still position the device if Telefonica Geolocation Provider is configured for the specific device. The position is resolved based on the SIM phone number. The device has to be connected to the telecommunication network, otherwise the position retrieving is not possible.
This feature is currently supported for
- GoSafe Generic
- Meitrack P99G
- FifoTrack Generic
- Install the plugin TelefonicaGeolocationProvider and any of the above device plugins.
- Get an certificate from Telfonica by contacting them.
- In SiteAdmin, click on 1, 2 and 3 in the picture below
- Choose any name in 1, upload the certificate by pressing 2, 3, 4, 5, choose a password in 6 and 7, save by pressing 8.
- Click on 1 and 2 to choose GoSafe Generic or any of the above devices.
- Click on 1 to choose your added provider and 2 to save it for the device.
- In case no valid tracking positions are sent from devices, GpsGate will still position the GoSafe Generic device after these steps are completed, thanks to the Telefonica Geolocation Provider.