How to set up Google Geolocation Provider
When no valid tracking positions are sent from devices GpsGate can still position the device if Google Geolocation Provider is configured for the specific device. The position is resolved based on CellID and/or Wifi data. The device has to send at least one of them, otherwise the position retrieving is not possible.
This feature is currently supported for
- GoSafe Generic
- Meitrack P99G
- FifoTrack Generic
- Install the plugin GoogleGeolocationProvider and any of the above device plugins.
- Get an API key from Google
- In SiteAdmin, click on 1, 2 and 3 in the picture below
- Choose any name in 1, add the key in 2 and press 3 to save the provider.
- Click on 1 and 2 to choose GoSafe Generic or any of the above devices.
- Click on 1 to choose your added provider and 2 to save it for the device.
- In case no valid tracking positions are sent from devices GpsGate will still position the GoSafe Generic device after these steps are completed, thanks to the Google Geolocation Provider. For more info, see Google's guide.