How to fix if Franson NMEA Service or IIS crashes frequently
Franson NMEA Service or IIS crashes frequently.
You most likely installed an unsupported version of MySQL ODBC.
1. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable.
2. Download the MySQL Connector ODBC 8.0.x installer.
3. Stop the GpsGateServer application pool in IIS Manager and stop Franson NMEA Service.
4. Remove the GpsGate Server data source in ODBC Data Source Administrator. If you are using an older driver version than MySQL Connector ODBC 5.3.X. Note: you will need to recreate the data source later.
5. If you are using an earlier version of MySQL Connector ODBC, you have to uninstall it first.
6. Install MySQL Connector ODBC 8.0.x.
7. If you removed the GpsGate Server data source in step 4, you need to recreate GpsGateServer datasource in ODBC Data Source Administrator. (Make sure you pick MySQL ODBC 8 Unicode driver when creating a new datasource).
8. Start the GpsGateServer application pool in IIS Manager and start Franson NMEA Service.