File Reports - export CSV data to other systems
File reports can be used to export data from GpsGate to other systems, by the saving of CSV files in a shared folder.
Using this feature, you can also export PDF files to store the reports in this format for historical reference.
Activate File Report in your application.
1. Login to Site Admin
2. Edit the application properties.
3. Select Reporting > _EditFileReportSchedule option.
Note: you can also use the Batch edit feature to enable _EditFileReportSchedule in multiple applications at once.
Schedule report in application
1. Create a report template.
2. At the right of the report template screen, select file save.
3. Specify a Tag of recipients and the additional parameters as required. If there are multiple users in the recipient Tag a report will be saved for each username.
Recommendation: create a dedicated user as a recipient of the exported file/s. This is very convenient when exporting to a third-party system.
Where the File Reports are saved
The File Reports will be saved in a file/folder structure like this:
[GpsGateServer root folder]\FileReports\App_[ApplicationID]\[Username]\[Name of Report]_[yyyyMMdd].[file extention]
Change the path to where File Reports are saved
There is an NTFS file system feature called Junction:
You can use this to sync your files to another path for example to your Dropbox.
If you edit the path and run the following command it will "link" the FileReports folder into your dropbox folder.
mklink /J c:\your\dropbox\folder\for\filereports c:\GpsGateServer\FileReports