File Save - save your reports in your local file system
The Save as file option in reporting, allows exporting your reports into files that will be stored locally in the server's file system. You could use this feature, for example to generate reports into CSV format that could be later on used to feed your custom system or application.
This feature is available for On-premise installations. If you own a Hosted solution, send an inquiry to support for more information.
1. Login to Site Admin
2. Edit the application properties.
3. Select Reporting > _EditFileReportSchedule option.
Schedule report in application
1. Create an instance of a report.
2. At the right of the report template screen, select Save as file.
3. Specify the frequency of the files to generate.
4. Specify the recipients tag.
5. Specify the file format.
6. Click on Save.
Now your reports will automatically be saved into your server's local file system.
Where it is saved
The files will be saved in the following path:
[GpsGateServer root folder]\FileReports\App_[ApplicationID]\[Username]\[Name of Report]_[yyyyMMdd].[file extention]
- If there are multiple users in the tag parameter a report will be saved for each username included in that tag.
Change the path where the files are saved (on-premise only)
There is an NTFS file system feature called Junction:
You can use this to sync your files to another service like Dropbox.
If you edit the path and run the following command, it will link the folder into your Dropbox folder:
mklink /J c:\your_dropbox_folder c:\GpsGateServer\FileReports