Providing customers with real-time driver location is possible- and it’s fast and secure. You can send a secure link that expires in a specified period of time. This grants temporary access to one vehicle/asset without creating accounts. Anyone with the link can see the vehicle location on a map in real-time.
- You can generate the link from another system so you don’t have to jump between software (thanks to a REST API).
- You don’t waste time calling customers with updates about their deliveries, site visits, or on-site services.
Using the Share Location feature
1. Install the Publish plugin in SiteAdmin.
2. Enable the Publish privileges under the application properties Plugins > Publish including _CreateSharedLocation.
3. To share the current vehicle location by using a link, you need to right click in the vehicle and select the option Share Location, either from the Vehicle Panel
or from the Map
4. You can use the quick options (1 hour, 6, 24, 48), or rather use the Custom one.
In any case it will display the current panel where you can modify the values.
5. Select Copy link to save the generated link in memory.
You can now share this link with anyone to follow the unit in real time.
The GpsGate REST API is a simple programming interface for querying information or updating data in a GpsGate application allowing you to e.g. generate the link from another system so you don’t have to jump between software.