Providing customers with real-time driver location is possible- and it’s fast and secure. You can send a secure link that expires in a specified period of time both from the desktop interface or from the Fleet app. This grants temporary access to one vehicle/asset without creating accounts. Anyone with the link can see the vehicle location on a map in real-time.
- You can generate the link from another system so you don’t have to jump between software (thanks to a GET Publish REST API).
- You don’t waste time calling customers with updates about their deliveries, site visits, or on-site services.
1. Install the Publish plugin in Site Admin.
2. Go to the Application Privileges and Features and enable Login > _AnonymousLogin and the privileges under Plugin > Publish.
1. Right-click in any vehicle and select the option Share Location
Or select any vehicle on the map and right-clicking on it:
2. Select an option Native Map / Google Maps / Google Maps and select Copy link.
From the selection box, you might find three different options to choose from:
Native Map: generates a live-location link that is to be used in Native Maps using your GpsGate server.
Google Maps: generates a live-location link to be used in Google Maps using your GpsGate server.
Google Maps Link: generates a Google Map link that you can paste directly into your browser to get the exact position of the vehicle at the moment that the URL was copied (note that this link does not generate a live-location link).
To have Google Maps and Google Maps Link options, you need a valid Google Maps license or subscription in your GpsGate server.
Generate links with REST API
The GpsGate REST API is a simple programming interface for querying information or updating data in a GpsGate application allowing you to e.g. generate the link from another system so you don’t have to jump between software.