This article describes a step by step guide of a new GpsGate installation. We assume the installation using a clean Windows environment. The installation will be performed using the default settings.
Read GpsGate requirements.
Read Prepare your Windows Server for a GpsGate installation.
1. Download the latest installer.
2. Execute the installer with a user with administrative privileges.
3. Select My-SQL as a default database system (recommended). Microsoft SQL is not covered in this guide.
4. As My-SQL is not yet installed, the following warning message will show up.
Click in OK to continue.
5. After My-SQL has been downloaded, click in Next.
6. Read the user agreement and click in "I accept..." and then Next to continue.
7. Select Typical installation.
Note: select Custom if you need to customise your database parameters according to your organisational needs. As mentioned earlier, in this guide we will cover the default settings.
8. Click in Install to begin the database installation.
9. Now a few My-SQL installer screens will show up. Click on Next.
10. Click on Next.
11. Click on Finish.
12. Click on Next.
13. Select Standard Configuration.
Note: select Detailed Configuration if you need to customise your database parameters according to your organisational needs. As mentioned earlier, in this guide we will cover the default settings.
14. Leave the default parameters and click Next.
15. Type a root user password of your database. This password is important.
Save it and keep it in a safe location (you'll need this password on step 25 below).
Click on Next.
16. In this screen, click on Execute.
17. Once these settings has been applied, click on Finish.
18. Now that the Database is installed, you'll continue with GpsGate installation. Click Next.
19. A warning about the lack of the ODBC connector will be displayed. Click on OK to begin it's installation.
20. Click on Next.
21. Accept the terms by clicking in Next.
22. Select Typical and click on Next.
23. Click on Install
24. The database connector installation is now done.
Back again to the main wizard, click on Next.
25. Type the database password you chose from step 15 and click Next.
26. If you haven't installed Java SE Runtime Environment, you'll be asked to do so.
27. Click on Install.
28. Java installation is done. Click on Close.
29. Back to the installer click on Next to continue GpsGate installation.
30. Here you can define IIS and installation path settings. Click on Next to start the installation.
31. Once the files installation has finished, click on Next to continue.
32. Click on Finish. The rest of the setup process will take place using your default browser.
33. Once in the browser, click on Get Started to continue.
34. Enter the details of your Site Admin user and click Next.
Note: this user is the first administrator user you'll have in your system. Keep the credentials in a safe location for further use.
35. Upload your product key. If you don't have one, request a product key here.
36. Once the key is validated, you'll be presented with a short list of the most important device plugins. If you don't find yours in this list, you can install more device plugins after.
You can also skip this step and add a device plugin later.
37. Now, simply wait until the installation finishes.
38. Once the installation is done, you'll be logged directly into your first application.
Now your installation is finished!
Connect your devices to GpsGate.