Using sign on glass in the Dispatch app
The Dispatch app allows you to gather customer signatures out in the field at the point of delivery. These signatures are uploaded and stored on the server, so are immediately visible to fleet operators.
Sign on glass in GpsGate uses our media custom fields. To gather a signature for job follow these steps.
- Log into the Vehicle Tracker interface and open the Dispatch panel (Windows -> Dispatch)
- Open the Dispatch panel menu (a small icon in the top right of the panel) and select Job custom fields
- Add a new custom field and select type media.
- Add a meaningful label to the new custom field
- Click Save
When jobs are created in the application, they will now contain a media field with the label that you have added.
When the worker receives a dispatched job, they will see the field appear in the app. To capture a signature the worker should:
- Locate the media field in the job
- Tap the Upload new media button
- Tap Signature
- Let the customer sign the screen
- The clear button will wipe the screen in case of a mistake
- The save button will save the signature and start it uploading to GpsGate