No data in sending email report manually
When sending an email report manually, only registered email on the server works. Emails not registered it will send only the header of the template with no data.
- Make sure all your plugins are up to date, under SiteAdmin > Plugins.
- Please take a look at the _ReadData privilege, it will determine which data is included in a report. A user must have _ReadData access to the Tags included in the report.
- If you use an Event Rule report, please make sure the recipient has _ReadEventRule access to the Event Rules included in the report.
HOW IT WORKS
- When emailing a report to a registered user. The user _ReadData privilege will be considered.
When emailing a report to an unregistered email address, the sending users _ReadData privilege will be considered.
- The _ReadData privilege and _Me tag introduces a whole new concept on how to setup your customer applications. Reports, Views and Event Rules can be made much more generic and you control who can see what using _ReadData and _Me. This will save you a lot of work.
- Using _ReadData to determine who can see which vehicle data.
- Using the _Me tag to only see your own data.
You can also check under SiteAdmin > System Info > Queue Viewer in which user context a report was generated and emailed. Check the Session User column.
If you right click on a user/vehicle and select Overview you can see which reports, and which data in the reports a user has access to see. In the latest Reporting update you can also see when reports has been emailed to the user.