Import geofence from KML files
It's possible to import geofences in KML or KMZ format. Before importing your KML/KMZ files you should know:
- Geofences should be polygons without holes
- Self intersecting polygons will be skipped.
Here a few examples of self-intersenting polygons:
- Polygons with holes are not supported. In that case only the outer boundary will be imported and the inner boundary, holes, ignored.
In Site Admin, in the application Privileges and Features, enable _ImportGeofence
1. Select the Import option in the Geofence panel
2. Select the KML file from your hard drive
3. After selecting the file, the following options will appear
Group: this option allows including your KML import into an existent geofence or the possibility to create a new one.
Create a group based on document name: this option will generate a new geofence Group based on the filename.
Create a group for each named fence: this option will generate a new group for each geofence included in the KML file (this option may create too manu groups depending on your file content).
Default radios for Route geofence: this option will generate a radius if the file to import meets the requirement of a Route geofence.
4. Select Upload
In the end, you should be able to see a report with the number of polygons imported