Fuel Consumption plugin: manual fuel refill to calculate vehicle's fuel consumption
This guide shows how to use the Fuel Consumption plugin to track the fuel consumption of your vehicles.
Note: this plugin is not functional to devices with fuel-reading features. If you have devices with fuel sensors check the solutions for fuel-reading capabilities.
Follow these steps to install the Fuel Consumption plugin.
1. Log in to the Site Admin > Plugins > Get More plugins
2. Install the Fuel Consumption plugin
4. Enable Fuel Consumption privileges in your application.
5. Enable FC reports in your application.
6. Save the changes to the application properties.
7. Login to the application.
8. Modify the User Type of the user Device.
9. Add Exp. Fuel consumption field.
10. Save the user type.
Add Expected Fuel Consumption
This step is optional, but adding the expected fuel consumption variable allows you to compare the expected consumption value against the real one on the graphs and reports.
1. Right-click on a user in the Vehicles list and select Edit User
2. Add a fuel consumption value in the Exp. Fuel Consumption field (this step is optional)
3. Add an Odometer to the vehicle.
Fuel Consumption requires adding several fuel-refills entries to display the data in the correct format.
Enter the fuel refills as accurately as possible to get the best results.
1. Add the Fuel Consumption menu to the interface by clicking on Windows > Fuel Consumption > Fuel Consumption menu
2. To add your first refill, click on + Add Refill
3. Add your refill in liters/gallons. The values will be adjusted according to your localization settings in your application.
4. Click on Save or Save and Next if you want to introduce a new value.
Important: It is necessary to enter at least two entries to start having data and fuel consumption statistics. Enter the data as accurately as possible to ensure better results.
- Date/Time = the date/time when the refill took place (manual entry).
- Volume = the volume in liters/gallons of the refill (manual entry).
- Accumulator = the total odometer value when the Volume was entered.
- Consumption (l/100 km) = (Volume/(Accumulator current - Previous accumulator))*100
- Consumption Average (l/100 km) = Average consumption of the last five Consumption values.
If you click on the Graph button, it will show the graph for the selected time period
Fuel refills Import
Follow these steps to import a file with fuel fills.
1. Click on Window > Fuel Consumption > Import in the Fuel Consumption menu
2. Select your file and click Upload
3. The fuel fills are imported and displayed in the Fuel Consumption window
Fuel Fill File Format
Fuel fill files have the format below. Any number of <Refill> … </Refill> sections can be included in one file.
- It is important to give each file a unique fileid. If the same file id is used for the second import the previously imported fuel fills will be deleted.
- The TimeStamp is expressed in UTC time zone.
- Fuel fills will only be imported for vehicles in the current application.
- Custom Fields are optional.
Fuel Consumption Reports
Verify the available report for the Fuel Consumption plugin (FC reports) in the reports index.
This report will list all fuel-refills per vehicle selected and time period. Read more about this report here.
FC1003 (exceptions) report