How to assign specific views to different roles of users
This guide shows how to assign specific views to users using roles.
Creating the tags and views
The very first step is to have Tags and Views created in your system for later assignment to your different roles.
Read this guide on how to create tags and views.
Assigning your views to different roles
Now that your tags and views are created, you need to assign them to your user's roles.
You have to options:
- a. Assign them to existent roles. The modification will apply to all users under the same role.
- b. Assign them to copies of an existent role. This case is useful if you want to have, for example, two operator users with similar privileges, but using different views.
1. Select Admin > Roles from the menu.
2. Select a role. For example, _Operators.
3. Check all users you want to be included in this role.
4. Under Views > _ReadViews select the views you want this role have access to.
5. Click Save.
1. Make a copy of your user role.
2. Repeat case (a) steps.