Use Command Click Scripts to move users between tags
This article describes what is Command Click Scripts and how to use it.
Command Click Scripts allows you to assign or remove a user from a tag after a command is executed successfully.
- To have two tags created named First and Second. Read more about how to create tags here.
- To have two template commands created for your devices. You should name that template commands ModeA and ModeB. Read more about how to create template commands here.
- A Command Tag which will contain both of these commands. Read more about how to create Command Tags here.
- In order to use Command Click Scripts, you need to get familiar with the usage of Click Scripts. Read the guide about how to use click scripts here.
Creating the command click script
1. To create a Command Click Script, go to menu Development > App Builder.
2. Click on + App
3. Set a name to your new app, then click on Save.
4. Now create a + Click Script inside your new app.
5. Set a name to your new Click Script, then select the Command kind.
Set the new click script to Enabled.
6. Click on Edit button and paste the following code into the editor:
Note: the command should run successfully before saving the App. Make sure you're not missing any of the requisites at the beginning of this guide.
7. In Command Tags section of the click script, select the Command Tags associated with this script. The script will be executed after successful completion of a command only if the command is in this Command Tag.
Finally, click on Save.
Running the script from the editor once with one of the two commands specified in the Exposed objects and test values section under command.name should immediately move a user to the right tag and validate the script.
Now save the script and run the other command. After the command is completed you will see that the user has moved to the other tag.