- Login to SiteAdmin and go to the Plugins tab
- Set the Repository URL to http://update.gpsgate.com
- Select the Get More Plugins tab and install the Dispatch plugin
Note: Make sure that you have the latest version of the plugins for your tracking device, i.e. Garmin plugin.
- Go to SiteAdmin / Applications and click on the application in the Application list
- Scroll down to Privileges and Roles and check all the boxes under Plugins / Dispatch
- Save your application settings at the bottom of the page
Setup a workspace
- Login to your VehicleTracker application as an Administrator
- Open the Dispatch panel from the Windows menu above the map
- Long-click the Dispatch panel header and move the panel to a suitable location
- Save the Workspace, for example as “Dispatch”
Dispatch usage and workflow
You can create a new Job in several ways:
- In the Dispatch panel, click the +Job button
- On the Map, right-click on the location and select Create new Job (here)
These options bring up the Add Job window where you can add and edit the details for the Job. Depending on the option selected above some of the fields are pre-populated.
Scheduled field is used to set a date for a Job. Jobs with a scheduled date only show up on that date. Jobs without a scheduled date show up every day. This information is sent out to workers when a job is dispatched
Location shows the location for the job. You can type an address in the field or pick the location directly from the map with the ”Pick Job Location” context menu.
Add worker field lets you pick a worker for unassigned jobs and for assigned jobs it shows the worker.
Comments section allows workers and operators to add information to the Job as progress is made.
The Dispatch window
The Dispatch window shows an overview of all jobs for the selected date. Here you can see todays progress, look at your job history and plan future jobs.
Today button moves you to today to show the status of current jobs. The button is grey when you are looking at today.
Calendar moves you forwards and backwards to look at job history and plan future jobs.
+Job lets you create jobs, that is described in a section below.
Unassigned queue shows all unassigned jobs that either have no scheduled date, an older scheduled date or the date you are viewing. Jobs scheduled for a future date are only visible at that date
Worker rows show jobs for a single worker, use this to check progress and plan a workers day. Depending on the date different jobs are shown..
Use the stack icon in the far right of a worker row to open the Job List window for detailed queue information. You can right-click a Job to edit it or to pan the map to the job location.
You can drag and drop jobs between workers to share out the workload. Many partners create or import a large quantity of jobs into the Unassigned row and then drag them to a worker.
Tip: You can right-click the Job List header and convert it to a Panel if you prefer to give it a fixed location in the user interface.
A job can be in the following states depending on automatic device actions or manual actions from an operator. The states are color coded for quick reference.
Unassigned (light grey): The job that has no worker. Jobs that have a future date are shown on that date only
Planned (dark grey): The job that has a worker, but it has not yet been handled. Jobs that have a future date are shown on that date only
Dispatched (yellow): A job that has been dispatched to a worker. These jobs show up on the workers Garmin device
Active (orange): A job that is in progress. Jobs get to this stage when a worker selects them on the Garmin device
Completed (green): A job well done. The final stage for a job, this state is entered when a worker or an operator marks a job as completed
Job planning example
A common scenario is to plan jobs for a worker ahead of time and to dispatch them in the future. Planning ahead gives you the opportunity to order the jobs in an optimal way, without sending them out to a worker. When the day comes to perform the planned jobs, simply dispatch them all with a single click or dispatch them individually in any order. Follow these steps In VehicleTracker to plan jobs for the future:
- Use the calendar control to go to the date when the jobs should be done.
- Click +Job. This should open a new form that lets you type in a descriptive note for the job and pick a location from the map or type one in.
- In the job for, click Save. The job has now been added to the worker job list.
- In the same way, create all the jobs for that day.
- Assign all the jobs you like to any worker by dragging them onto that worker's row.
- The jobs in the list will show a button Dispatch, which if clicked will send the job to the worker. You can do this immediately or later, which ever you prefer.
Note: Jobs that are dispatched to a worker before the planned date will still only be shown on the planned date until they are started (In the ”Today” view you will not see dispatched jobs that are planned for a future date. However if a user starts a dispatched job before the planned date it will of course show up as active in the ”Today” view)