Using Command Tags you can organize your commands and give different roles access to commands in a certain tag.
- Log in to SiteAdmin.
- Go to the Applications tab and click on your application.
- Expand the Privileges and Roles section and enable the ”_ExecuteCommandsInTag” privlege.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Log in to your VehicleTracker application.
How to use
Command tags are used to group a number of commands and you can then give a role access to that command tag.
Create a command tag
1. In your VehicleTracker application go to Admin > Command Tags.
2. Click the Add new Command Tag button.
3. Give the tag a name and a description (optional) and click Next.
4. Select the commands you want to include in the tag and click Save.
Note: The list of commands contains both special (administrator only) and non-special commands.
Important note about privileges
This is how privileges for commands work:
_ExecuteCommandAll – Gives access to all non-administrator commands
_ExecuteSpecialCommandAll – Gives access to all administrator commands
_ExecuteCommandsInTag – Gives access to commands in this tag regardless if the command is administrator only or not.
If you want a role to only access some of your commands, do the following:
Remove the _ExecuteCommandAll and _ExecuteSpecialCommandAll privileges from the role.
Create a command tag and select the commands the role should have access to.
In the menu Admin > Roles, enable access to the created command tag for the role.