Migrate to a new Windows server
GpsGate supports migrating to any supported version of Microsoft Windows.
Migration reusing the same IP address
1. Follow the backup and restore procedure as described in this guide.
2. Verify the new migrated server works, login in to the URL of the new migrated server.
3. Replace the IP address of the old server to the new server. Now all devices will start sending up buffered data to the "new" server.
Migration to a server with a new IP address
Use the DataForward plugin to keep the servers in sync during the migration. DataForward sends unmodified data from a device to one or many other different servers.
1. Set up DataForward on your original server to send data to the new (not yet existing) server.
2. Make a backup and restore it to the new server as described in this guide.
3. Verify the 'new' migrated server works, login in to the URL of the new migrated server.
4. Start the 'old' server again. Now all devices will start sending up buffered data. And DataForward makes sure data comes to both the original and the new server.
5. Start migrating applications/devices to send data directly to the 'new' server.