Tracks settings: track filtering for troubleshooting purposes
Note: with the August 2021 release, Tracks 2.0 (Beta) will be the default experience and be named Tracks. The legacy Tracks will be available as Tracks (Legacy) in the UI.
GpsGate filters track data from the GPS tracker to remove bad data, and to determine where the device is standing still.
To see the unfiltered track data, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have this privilege enabled: _ChangeTrackVisualization
2. Log in to the application
3. Go to the Tracks panel and select Track settings
4. Set Use Filtered reader > No.
6. Draw the track again, and you will see the unfiltered track data.
IMPORTANT Disabling the filter is only for diagnosing purposes. Always set the filtered reader back to Yes again, or you'll see data with too much detail which usually leads to confusion.
If you think GpsGate is filtering too much data, please consider changing the Track Filters (e.g. in the case of slow-moving assets, city driving, or long-distance vehicles).
- Live Event Rules and the marker position update always use the unfiltered track data.
- Reports always use filtered track data.
- Distance calculation is made on filtered data.
- With Trip Definition, you can set any input from the device (e.g. Ignition) or a Device Mapper Script to define what is a trip and what is idling.
- To troubleshoot tracks, trips, and odometer related problems, read this guide.