Track Settings: track filtering for trouble shooting purposes
GpsGate filters track data from the GPS tracker to remove bad data, and to determine where the device is standing still.
To see the unfiltered track data, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have this privilege enabled: _ChangeTrackVisualization
2. Log in to the application
3. Go to the Tracks panel and select Track settings
4. Set Use Filtered reader > No.
6. Draw the track again, and you will see the unfiltered track data.
IMPORTANT Disabling the filter is only for diagnosing purposes. Always set the filtered reader back to Yes again, or you'll see data with too much detail which usually leads to confusion.
If you think GpsGate is filtering too much data, please consider changing the Track Filters for example, in the case of slow-moving assets, city driving, or long-distance vehicles.
- Live Events Rules and the marker position update always use the unfiltered track data.
- Reports always use filtered track data.
- Distance calculation is made on filtered data.
- With Trip Definition, you can set any input from the device (e.g. Ignition) or a Device Mapper Script to define what is a trip and what is idle.
- To troubleshoot tracks, trips, and odometer related problems, read this guide.